- No products in the cart.
Recent studies have shown that we touch our phones 2,617 times a day. Don’t believe me? Start watching yourself and those around you.
I’ve seen it both with myself and with others, it’s become an impulse behavior. You may not be the worst offender, but studies have shown that the heaviest smartphone users click, tap or swipe on their phone 5,427 times a day. I think we all know who this person is. You should share this with them … maybe they don’t know.
To help me question if I “really” need to check my phone, I’ve created some new login screens to give me pause. I’m not sure if I’m doing any better, but at least I’m more mindful about my choices to “check-in” to see if the world has changed.
Use these little cell phone login screen backgrounds if you find yourself ever experiencing any of the following:
- Do you participate in multi-screen checking? Do you ever watch tv, work on your computer, but still check your phone?
- Do you search for wi-fi as soon as you arrive at a location? Even on vacation? During a professional meeting when you should be unplugged? While out for dinner with friends, family, or loved ones?
- Do you lock your screen and then find yourself unlocking immediately to check another app or post?
- Do you refresh your email “thinking” it may not be connected to the server so you should force it to check?
- Do you find yourself walking around with your phone in your hand most of the day?
We’re not suggesting that a simple screen lock image will cure us of our compulsive checking, but it can’t hurt. Try the out and see if they work for you to be a little more unplugged.
For more information on living an unplugged life, follow us on twitter: @unplugpro or check out our semi-regular publishing and tips on www.unplug.pro where we create little challenges to help us become more digitally mindful.